Commits and Quarantine: Arianna Prymak

Senior, Arianna Prymak, is committed to Randolph Macon College for Women’s Softball.

Tatum Gregory, Writer

Arianna Prymak has decided to further her education and softball career to the next level. She has been on the Woodbridge varsity softball team since she was a freshman. She is a pitcher, outfielder, and has also played 1st base. Prymak has been one of the leaders in hitting stats since she was a freshman.  She is a very well-rounded contributor to the team and their success. 

Getting recruited can vary in many ways. Usually every player has a different experience with it. Prymak said “Randolph Macon’s coach knew of my team, so he came to see us play and he really liked me. He invited me to a camp and I went. Then he offered me a spot to play on the team.” Being an athlete, it can be really challenging to find a team that is right for you academically and athletically. Prymak felt that Randolph Macon would be a good fit for her. “I really like the student to teacher ratio because it is good for me to work one on one. I also really enjoyed the competitiveness of the softball program”.

Going to college is a huge milestone and life changing time in every student’s life.  It is good that a lot of the athletes got to have their last season this year even with all that has gone on in this Pandemic. “I feel all kinds of emotions about going to college and it’s very bittersweet thinking about it being my last high school season.” Prymak stated. Many people say high school was the time of their life and Prymak agrees. “I know I did the best I could and can look back and smile knowing that I had the time of my life”. 

Prymak will go on to Randolph Macon College and succeed on and off the softball field. She will be majoring in Accounting and minor in Spanish. She will excel in college just like she did here at Woodbridge. Being a Viking is something she will carry with her forever.