New Year’s Resolutions

It has always been a New Year’s tradition to set resolutions, and for some high school students this means changing things academically.

According to Herzing University, students all over the nation want to start the new year with resolutions to improve as students. To achieve this, there are very helpful goals to help a student achieve more academically.

One of the most important things to achieve as a student is to be well-rested for the day.  According to the CDC, students should be getting 8-10 hours of sleep. A Woodbridge sophomore said they get 3-8 hours of sleep a day, and if this is any indication for other students, more sleep is recommended for success. 

During an interview, most students said that they also wanted to stop procrastinating and work harder. “Last year I would wait until the last second to complete assignments and that was stressful, so my resolution is to stop procrastinating,” Woodbridge sophomore Hassan said. 

The problem with New Year’s resolutions, however, is keeping them, especially finding motivation to improve. “Commit to the goals you set and don’t back out,” Woodbridge student Gudiel advised. Commitment is key to any resolution, especially academic ones.