A Good Teacher

Teachers have a set job to get done but what makes a teacher superior? Student Kokoe says, “When the teacher interacts with her students it makes learning more fun.” She also believes a good teacher forms a bond with her students and has a passion for teaching. Makes the students feel welcome in their classroom. The teacher should be genuinely interested in making the students’ future career successful and giving them advice on how to be the best version of themselves. Students can learn a lot if a teacher talks about their  life experiences and what they did to overcome them. 

Student Gabby Jackson says, “A good teacher won’t make you feel bad for not doing good academically but rather help you as best as possible to be academically successful.” The teacher should make you feel safe to ask any type of questions you want to ask. Teachers should make it known they are there to help you. Gabby believes that “if the teacher goes a step further, she should check on her students mentally and make sure they are doing okay.” Teachers could give students 30 minutes at the end of class or a class period as a mental health day. watching a movie or letting students be at peace and feel relaxed. It can also be beneficial for the teacher.