Congratulations Class of 2023!

Kayla Nider

Graduation is right around the corner! It’s the most important day and everyone should be there to celebrate with the seniors after all the challenges the class of 2023 has gone through.

The 2019-2020 year took a turn for us all. The class of 23’ were just Freshmen when they were sent home because of the global pandemic. “Covid infiltrated my freshman year.” says Mikayla Monroy.  It sent them into a depression from being home with nothing to do. Technology and social media consumed most of their time, and school was the last thing on their minds. Returning a year and a half later affected them still. “Getting back to the early schedule, crowded halls, and rowdy students was difficult.” Says Marcos Soriano-Martinez.

Returning from the pandemic was yet another situation the class of 23’ had to face. Leaving as Freshman and coming back as Juniors impacted them all as they felt the need to mature much quicker with their senior year creeping around the corner. “The beginning of my junior year was a difficult one.” Says Marcos Soriano-Martinez. Due to being sheltered and in the comfort of his own home he found it hard to socialize again when his Junior year started. Even though everything went back to normal, it was still hard to fully adjust. Mikayla Monroy adds on to say, “I still have trouble meeting deadlines and starting work.”

However, they finally made it through and are wrapping up their 4th and final quarter. Although the workload lessens each day, the emotions start to pick up. Missing a year and a half from their high school experience, and having to return as if nothing happened, the clock is ticking for the seniors. With just two weeks left of their high school career, the class of 2023 will be graduating June 4th and starting the next chapter of their lives.

Graduation will be held at George Mason University at 2:30 P.M. on June 4th.  Stop by and wish your favorite seniors a congratulations!