THE VALKYRIE

The Student News Site of Woodbridge Senior High School

THE VALKYRIE

THE VALKYRIE

Words from Royalty

To become one of the royal representatives of your class, the majority vote from the school is required. HoCo court consists of the members from the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes. The King and Queen are selected from the Senior court members. Homecoming court was announced at the pep rally and marched in the parade, while King and Queen were announced at the football game. 

Homecoming court is a tough achievement. Many can only dream of becoming a member of the homecoming court, let alone King or Queen. Today, some words of inspiration and wisdom were expressed from a few of this year’s court members, including one of the members of the ruling duo. While it likely wasn’t easy, even if they did not dream it beforehand, Anthony Gibson and Salma Yousfi achieved the incredible feat of King and Queen. Although they did it with some popularity, also included were courage, bravery, involvement, advocation, school spirit, and hard work. 

When asked about his expectations coming into this, Senior court member Darryl, replied, “I kind of knew it was coming with how popular I am, I just didn’t expect so many people to voice their opinions about it.” He also mentioned “If you want to be on court, just hang out with the right crowd, live with the community, not just yourself.” 

Salma Yousfi, our very own Homecoming queen, said “I was very surprised that I was even on court. If you put yourself out there like I did and show some school spirit, you don’t need to know a lot of people, people will get to know you on their own.”  

In response to being asked why he thinks he was elected, Freshman court member Storm Alho commented “It was probably my fantastic posters, I’m not really friends with that many people though,” referring to his running for Freshman class of `27 president, which he did not win. 

Congratulations to all Court members of 2023-2024 Homecoming and good luck to all who wish to be on Homecoming Court in the future! 

View Comments (2)