THE VALKYRIE

The Student News Site of Woodbridge Senior High School

THE VALKYRIE

THE VALKYRIE

Is Celsius Really That Bad For You

Is Celsius Really That Bad For You

Energy drinks, such as Celsius, have become a popular choice for high school students despite their known harmful effects on health. Teenagers, often with the “yolo” attitude, consume these drinks without considering the long-term consequences. The caffeine content in these drinks is increasing, and as a result, more teenagers are being hospitalized. 

Celsius energy drink is loaded with ingredients like green tea extract, guarana seed extract, caffeine, taurine, glucuronolactone, ginger extract, and green tea leaf extract. These ingredients have several benefits, such as providing energy, improving heart function, promoting weight loss, and reducing inflammation. However, consuming too much caffeine or guarana extract may lead to adverse side effects. 

Celsius claims to provide essential energy, accelerate metabolism, and burn body fat. While studies by dietitians support these claims, the drink should still be consumed in moderation, and excessive consumption can negatively affect health. Therefore, it’s essential to be mindful of the ingredients in energy drinks like Celsius, and teenagers should be educated on the harmful effects of consuming these drinks excessively.  

Drinking Celsius has become a positive part of my daily routine. It gives me the energy and focus I need to get through my day, and the taste is something I genuinely enjoy. I have a Celsius. I have one every day, and I am fine. It brings me joy because I do it every day without even thinking. It has a slightly sweet taste, but not too sweet. It’s good to be aware of what could happen, but there are so many worse things people could be having. Everything is okay in moderation. 

Picture From:Celsius