THE VALKYRIE

The Student News Site of Woodbridge Senior High School

THE VALKYRIE

THE VALKYRIE

Which Greek God Are You?

photo from actively learn.com
photo from actively learn.com

Many people don’t often talk about Greek gods, unless you read “The odyssey” or studied them more than your peers. Greek gods have their own unique characteristics. Although Greek Gods are immortal, all-powerful beings, they have the same flaws and foibles as we humans. 

Apollo, the god of archery. Essentially brave, smart and heroic. He takes wiseful actions and never looks back. He doesn’t let anything or anyone get in his way.  Zeus, the “father” of all the gods, because he is seen to protect and care for the humans and all the gods. If anyone takes something from Zeus, or his beloved people he will make sure that they suffer. I like to think of Zeus as a slightly nicer Hummarabi. 

Hermes, a god of trade. Which brings characteristic, like sneaky, smart, Sligh and extremely observant. Ares is the god of war. People mostly associate Ares as aggressive and rude. Because he’s always eager to fight even if he’s wrong. Aphrodite is extremely vain, witty, self-absorbed and passionate about bringing life and beauty to things when everything gets ugly.  

Poseidon, the god of water can use his strengths for good and bad. But usually he only uses them for what he wants. Dionysus, the god of wine.  He can be angry and violent at times because of his love of wine. But hes a strong and important good. Hephaestus, the god of black smith and welding. Is a loving and kind god, who is always willing to help out. Artemis the goddess of nature. a strong, loyal, and brave goddess she is brilliant and helpful. Athena goddess of wisdom. is confident, practical, clever and a great warrior.  

Demeter is also a loving, nurturing and generous god because he’s the harvest god. He is witty and helpful to so many, also very generous!  

So, which one are you?