THE VALKYRIE

The Student News Site of Woodbridge Senior High School

THE VALKYRIE

THE VALKYRIE

The NFL Scripted?

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce share a moment on the field following the Chiefs Super Bowl win.Patrick T. Fallon / AFP - Getty Images
    Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce share a moment on the field following the Chiefs’ Super Bowl win.Patrick T. Fallon / AFP – Getty Images

There have been discussions about new initiatives the NFL plans to promote after the Chiefs’ Super Bowl win last Sunday. However, some argue that promoting the NFL’s association with Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s romantic relationship is inappropriate. They believe that it is already overhyped. 

Others think that this is just a money-making opportunity for the NFL. Taylor Swift is a big pop star with a large teenage girl following, and her involvement can help the NFL make a lot of money. This is simply capitalism at work. 

Therefore, it makes sense for the NFL to give her some screen time during their events. This does not ruin the game, as she is only shown for a few seconds when no points are scored. The NFL has already made over $300 million from their love stories, so they can benefit financially from this type of promotion. 

While some people may argue that the NFL is scripted, it is important to remember that it is a big organization that started with people who loved the game. However, like everything else, there are always people who become power-hungry, and some individuals may have more advantages than others anyway. 

In conclusion, Taylor Swift’s fame is not a big deal, and it is all just fun to see people excited about things. It is not hurting anyone, and the NFL and teen girls are simply having a little fun with capitalism.