THE VALKYRIE

The Student News Site of Woodbridge Senior High School

THE VALKYRIE

THE VALKYRIE

Construction Worker and Hawaiian Surfer: Spirit Week

This Years Homecoming Spirit Week is full of creativity and laughs. Due to an off day on Monday the 9th Spirit Week is off to an early start!  

Friday, 10/6 is MEME Day. WSHS students are expected to be dressed as a meme for this day. For example, a road work sign for the Road Work Ahead vine. 

Tuesday, 10/10 is Salad Dressing Day. Tuesday is the talk of the school since the week’s themes were announced. How are we supposed to dress up as Ranch? Or Barbecue sauce? SALC quickly rushed to our aid and answered our questions. The theme is more complicated than it appears.  

• Seniors – Caesar Salad: take inspiration from Ancient Greece and cut your least favorite bed sheet into a stylish toga! 
  • Juniors – Thousand Island: Juniors, rummage through your dads closet and find his ugliest Hawaiian button up! Hit party city for a Leis!  
  • Sophomores – Ranch: Dig out your best pair of cowboy boots and your most fashionable cowboy hat!  
  • Freshmen – BBQ: Raid your dad’s closet, grab a spatula, and an apron! 

Wednesday, 10/11 is Barbie and Ken Day. Students may dress up as their favorite Barbie or Ken Doll. We expect to see lots of Teacher Barbies and are hoping to see a couple, Skippers! 

Thursday, 10/12… What’s Rhyme Without Reason? Well, it’s rhymes that don’t make any sense. Like dressing up as a Hawaiian surfer and making your BFF be a Construction worker. They don’t make sense, but they rhyme! 

Friday, 10/13: Class Colors! A classic hoco week theme! 

• Seniors – Black 
  • Juniors – Gold  
  • Sophomores – Green  
  • Freshman – White  

Seniors “can’t wait to bring a sharpy”!!