THE VALKYRIE

The Student News Site of Woodbridge Senior High School

THE VALKYRIE

THE VALKYRIE

Athlete’s of the Month: November

Our athletes of the month are freshman Bradley Johnson and sophomore Cecilia Paras! Throughout their respective seasons both athletes excelled athletically and academically.  

Bradley Johnson is a valuable member of our state champion cross country team! He dedicates his success to his wonderful teammates and his coaches. Johnson says he was surprised when he found out about the title because he’s “just trying to improve every time he goes running”. He first started running in sixth grade for fitness but now as a freshman it’s his passion.  

Since the team won states, Johnson has found that “winning is addictive”. Because of this Johnson finds himself striving for perfection and improvement in all aspects. He hopes to help bring the team to many more championships these next three years. 

Cecilia Paras was vital to Woodbridge Field Hockeys success this season! Paras had the honor of receiving first team all-district and second team all-region placements as a defender. She joined field hockey her freshman year because she had friends on the team, she has since grown to love the sport and the team. When asked if there’s anyone, she would dedicate this honor to she answered with a smile “the defense, and my wing Sarah”  

Her drive in her academics in sports is simply to succeed. Paras wants to work in the medical field and remains committed to her studies throughout her sports seasons. She is looking forward to being apart of this wonderful team throughout high school. 

Congratulations Cecilia and Bradley! We look forward to seeing you excel in the future!